Monday, May 9, 2011

BRAND FIND: Vermont Bread Company

Now a days everyone is definitely becoming more and more concerned with eating healthy.  We are now more conscious of things like whether our food is "processed" or "organically grown", avoiding products  containing things like trans fat or high fructose corn syrup. 

Some of us even opt to shop at local farmers markets or heath food stores, and places like Mrs. Greens, Trader Joes, or Whole Foods where we know that extra care is taken into carrying produce, meats, poultry, fish and packaged items that are better for you, or clearly stating where the food has come from, letting the consumer make a more informed decision.

While these items may be more pricey on our wallets, they are definitely worth the extra $$ in the long run when thinking of the impact it may have on our health.

Now some of you may be thinking this all sounds a little funny coming from my mouth, being i am FAR from a health nut or a health conscious person.  Well you're right, i am far from that, BUT I do know a thing or two about food, and what is good for the body and what is not.....

One thing I've found is that when trying to make a better BREAD purchase, people are still purchasing breads with all sorts of hidden bad ingredients in them.


Read this article by WEBMD for a little more of what I'm talking about:Tips for buying BETTER BREAD

And now that you're a little more informed, I'd like to share with you my new favorite bread brand :)


Vermont Bread Company

I first found this in the bread aisle at the local A&P while browsing for a better loaf of wheat bread.  I stumbled on it amoungst the rows and rows of bread choices and gave it a once over.  Looked about right to me! It pretty much met all the criteria for a better bread purchase so I brought it home and gave it a go.  I even purchased the English Muffins they had as well.  In the link above you can check out all the different types that they sell and try em for yourself, they have quite a variety and it's good stuff! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment